Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) 18H03622 (2018-2022)
The Middle East, the Arab East in particular, has reached a new stage that can be named as “post-Islamic State stage” after the decline of the Islamic State that has been regarded as “the greatest threat to the international community”. However, this fact doesn’t mean that “weak states” that have been breeding grounds for the Islamic State and the authoritarian rule have been already disappeared from the said region. Accordingly, the respective countries still have a rocky road ahead in addressing their reconstruction and reintegration. Meanwhile, however, some of “unofficial political actors” that have been placing themselves outside the legal and institutional framework of their own countries and helping weakening them are willing to complement functions of state instead of challenging them. The purpose of this study is, while paying close attention to the activities of “unofficial political actors” in the Arab East at “post-Islamic State stage”, to reveal under what kinds of political and social conditions they will assume positive or negative roles in their effort to reconstruct and reintegrate their own countries.
- Hiroyuki AOYAMA (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Kota SUECHIKA (College of International Relations, Ritsumeikan University)
- Aiko NISHIKIDA (Associate Professor, Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Dai YAMAO (Associate Professor, Faculty of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University)
- Shingo HAMANAKA (Professor, Faculty of Law, Ryukoku University)
- Yutaka TAKAOKA (Chief Research Fellow, Middle East Institute of Japan)
- Kohei IMAI (Researcher, Area Studies Center, Institute of Developing Economic–JETRO)
- Masaki MIZOBUCHI (Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, Nagoya University of Commerce and Business)
- 青山弘之・末近浩太・溝渕正季「レバノン第19期国民議会選挙データベース」(CMEPS-J Report No. 43).
- 青山弘之「シリア地方選挙結果（2018年）：県議会・県庁所在市議会当選者一覧」(CMEPS-J Report No. 44).
- Middle East Public Opinion Survey (Syrian Internally Displaced Persons 2018).
- 青山弘之・木戸皓平「制憲委員会（憲法委員会）」（CMEPS-J Report No. 50）.
- 青山弘之・木戸皓平「制憲委員会（憲法委員会）：2019年10月30日に国連が発表した代表および同日に選出された小委員会メンバー」（CMEPS-J Report No. 50-2）.
- Middle East Public Opinion Survey (Syrian Refugees in Turkey 2019).
- Middle East Public Opinion Survey (Agriculture and Food Security in Syria 2020-2021).
- Middle East Public Opinion Survey (Syria 2021-2022).
Created in July 2018 (Updated in April 2022)